2013/04/01

Life in Azores - Krishna Chaitanya Pavani




My life in Azores started in 2011. Firstly, I thank my benevolent Professor for accepting me as a research student in the laboratory of animal reproduction at University of the Azores – Angra campus; it was this delightful chance that made me see these beautiful and heavenly places. I feel myself very fortunate to see the beauty of the Azores.

Coming from India (eastern part of the world), an ancient and diversified country, I am gladdened to see such great hospitality and open mindedness in the Azorean people, who are from the western world. Here the people were so helpful and kindly towards foreign people, irrespective of their creed and nationality. In my personal experience of staying in the northern part of the Europe for nearly one year for my Master studies, I didn’t seen as much liberality as I experienced here. People in Azores, while being native speakers of Portuguese, have nice communications skills of English towards foreigners, which epitomize great chances of tourism in these islands.

It seems really amazing that being small islands and with minimum infrastructure there was a great part of research carried out in the university campus. I feel proud, myself, of being a tiny part of the research in the Azorean scientific groups. Talking about the Azorean biodiversity and climatic condition these islands has spectacular biodiversity with no wild predators signifies safety; I presume that no way on earth you will see magnificent four different climatic condition in one day. The weather in Azores resemblances more of tropical weather impeccable for inhabitation, it will be enormous and infinity if I going on describing on beauty of Azores.

I have started a new carrier as Ph.D. student last year with great support from my Professor, supervisor and our research team, so my journey will continue for a few more years here in these exotic islands. In my personal opinion as foreigner, the Azorean islands should be more elevated through publicity and touristic promotions all over the world. Finally, I was very glad and thankful to this blog organizer for giving me this great opportunity to share my thoughts.


Krishna Chaitanya Pavani

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário